Saturday, March 28, 2009

Search Databases

Search databases is a subject course which develops students research skills by learning to search the large verity of online databases. Many subscription only databases, what we might call hidden web, are password protected sites. The major magazine and journal Australian databases are:
1. ANZRC EBSCO Online - search.ebscohost.com
2. DA Direct Info - www.dadirect.com
3. Informit Online - search.informit.com.au
4. Schools Catalogue SCIS - www.curriculum.edu.au/scis
5. Picman database - www.sl.nsw.gov.au/picman

1 Comments:

Blogger web_loafer said...

I ventured here because you left a comment at my blog. Some of my fondest memories are of librarians directing me to the shelf that had a book I wanted to read.
I can paint a picture in my mind all of the helpful women, (back in the late '50's and early '60's, every librarian I had the nerve to ask a question to, was a woman.)

I had no other agenda but to learn.

They steered me to the right books, and ask nothing of me. They gave, I took, and now fiftysome years later, I still thank them.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home